Birthline Pregnancy Support Inc was established in 1972 in South Australia as a not-for-profit, volunteer organisation to support women and their families facing unplanned pregnancy and pregnancy loss. Our Vision is that anyone wanting to talk about pregnancy related issues or pregnancy loss can readily access emotional support through compassionate, confidential, non-judgmental and cost-free services.
- Every caller’s values, perspectives and decision-making process.
- Every caller leading the exploration of their unique situation and their options.
- Every caller’s right to determine their outcome.
- Free services including all-hours telephone access for non-directive counselling, relevant information, resources and practical help.
- Appointments that can be made for on-site counselling, pregnancy testing and access to free material assistance.
- Non-directive counselling via 24 hour telephone hotline
- Face to Face counselling
- Pregnancy testing
- Pregnancy resources and information
- After abortion care and recovery
- Emotional support
- Material assistance
- Pregnancy loss and grief counselling
- Resource and local services directory
Birthline recognises the primary importance and value of every human being, from fertilization until natural death, supporting life at every developmental stage, celebrating individualisation and diversity. As such we are considered as “pro-life.” Birthline does not refer for abortion because it is a medical procedure (Birthline does not give medical advice). However Birthline never judges a woman for having an abortion and offers sincere and compassionate post-abortion grief counselling to any woman or couple that might need this support.
For more information on the Governing Principles and Practicing Ethos of Birthline, please click on the link: Birthline-Principles